Sorry for a repeat but Apple (AAPL) can't be ignored. The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the electronic products company Apple (AAPL)). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/19 the stock gained 25.58%.
Apple Inc. is engaged in designing, manufacturing and marketing mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, and portable digital music players. The Company's products and services include iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod, Apple TV, a portfolio of consumer and professional software applications, the iOS and Mac OS X operating systems, iCloud, and a range of accessory, service and support offerings. It sells its products worldwide through its online stores, its retail stores, its direct sales force, third-party wholesalers, and resellers. Apple Inc. is headquartered in Cupertino, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 64.03+ Weighted Alpha
- 47.92% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 3.26% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 61.49%
- Technical support level at 262.32
- Recently traded at 264.16 with a 50 day moving average of 244.93
- Market Cap $1.20 trillion
- P/E 22.55
- Dividend yield 1.15%
- Revenue expected to grow 5.60% this year and another 7.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.30% this year, an additional 14.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 9.86% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 strong buy, 21 buy and 6 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 29,871 to 2,334 that the stock will beat the market
- 2,120,000 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha