The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the alcoholic beverage company Brown- Forman (BF.B) (BF.A). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All-Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a new buy in 8/16 the stock gained 11.33%.
Brown-Forman Corporation is a producer and marketer of fine quality beverage alcohol brands. The brands include Jack Daniel's, Southern Comfort, Finlandia, Canadian Mist, Fetzer, Korbel, Gentleman Jack, el Jimador, Tequila Herradura, Sonoma-Cutrer, Chambord, Tuaca, Woodford Reserve, and Bonterra. They globally market and sell various categories of beverage alcohol products, such as Tennessee, Canadian, and Kentucky whiskies; Kentucky bourbons; California sparkling wine; tequila; table wine; liqueurs; vodka; and ready-to-drink products. They sell their wine and spirits brands either through wholesale distributors or in states that directly control alcohol sales, state governments that then sell to retail customers and consumers. Their main international markets are the U.K., Australia, Mexico, Poland, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, South Africa, China, Japan, Canada, and Russia.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 37.43+ Weighted Alpha
- 26.33% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 15.69% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.09%
- Technical support level at 63.36
- Recently traded at 64.06 with a 50 day moving average of 56.96
- Market Cap $30.34 billion
- P/E 36.43
- Dividend yield 1.04%
- Revenue expected to grow 510% this year and another 5.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 3.50% this year an additional 8.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 7.02% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 7 hold recommendations on this stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 273 to 10 that the stock will beat the market
- 8,292 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha