The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the software company Microsoft(MSFT). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, the I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/5 the stock gained 20.41%.
Microsoft is a technology company. Their products include operating systems for computing devices, servers, phones, and other intelligent devices; server applications for distributed computing environments; cross-device productivity applications; business solution applications; desktop and server management tools; software development tools; video games; and online advertising. They also design and sell hardware including PCs, tablets, gaming and entertainment consoles, phones, other intelligent devices, and related accessories. They offer cloud-based solutions that provide customers with software, services, platforms, and content. They also provide consulting and product and solution support services, and they train and certify computer system integrators and developers.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 38.89+ Weighted Alpha
- 39.85% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 9.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.16%
- Technical support level at 128.20
- Recently traded at 129.15 with a 50 day moving average of 116.24
- Market Cap $962.55 billion
- P/E 29.04
- Dividend yield 1.47%
- Revenue expected to grow 12.40% this year and another 10.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 14.20% this year, an additional 12.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.52% for he next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 14 strong buy, 13 buy, 6 hold and 1 sell recommendation
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 14,082 to 2,036 that the stock will beat the market
- 689,912 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha