The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the cable TV company Comcast(CMCSA). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort its Top Stocks to Ownlist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/5 the stock gained 15.56%.
Comcast Corporation is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed internet, and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand, and also provides these services to businesses. It also provides wireless and security and automation services to residential customers under the XFINITY brand. NBCUniversal operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 37.59+ Weighted Alpha
- 25.31% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 9.57% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.49%
- Technical support level at 41.65
- Recently traded at 42.70 with a 50 day moving average of 39.83
- Market Cap $194.37 billion
- P/E 16.40
- Dividend yield 2.10%
- Revenue expected to grow 18.40% this year and another 5.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 14.50% this year, an additional 11.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 13.75% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 12 strong buy, 18 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1,030 to 205 that the stock will beat the market
- 205,880 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha